The Charles E. Manuel/Ethelind Simmons Stroud Scholarship
The Simon Temple AME Zion Church recognizes outstanding academic achievement, leadership potential, service to community, and the desire to purse higher education through its annual scholarship awards. Scholarships are awarded to church members who are currently enrolled in a traditional high school, private school, military academy, or FTCC. Receipts of the scholarship must pursue a post-secondary education at a community college or a four-year college/ universiy. Members are eligible to apply up to age 21. Currently enrolled students are not eligible. You must be entering your 1st semester or quarter. Recipients are eligible to receive a one-time award of $500 per semester for two semesters.
Who is eligible to apply for the scholarship?
1. Individuals who have been active members of the Simon Temple A.M.E. Zion Church for one full year at the time of application. The Administrative staff will confirm the membership status.
-For individuals who are from military families and have been at Simon Temple A.M.E. Zion Church for less than a year, a letter from your previous church can be submitted. Please note, this information will be verified through our church office.
2. Members who are current high school seniors, who have been accepted to a post-secondary institution, and have been actively involved in Sunday School, church ministries and other Youth Department activities for at least one full year at the time of application. (Some examples might include Joshua Generation, Daughters of Excellence, the choir, usher, hospitality team, parking lot team, praise dancers, etc.)
3. Applicants must submit all required documentation: application, letter of acceptance, forms verifying participation in church organizations, and typed essay.
4. Must have a G.P.A of 2.0 or greater.
5. Must be a member in good standing which includes; new member’s classes and paid Kingdom Support Fee.
6. Applicants must place all application materials in a sealed envelope. All requested documents must be placed in the Youth/Scholarship ministry mailbox in the church office no later than 12:00 p.m. , May 1, 2015.
ALL APPLICATIONS, COMPLETED IN ITS ENTIRETY, AND ALL REQUIRED
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION ARE DUE BY
12:00 p.m., May 1, 2015
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Additional Scholarship applications with instructions and forms are available in the front office or online.